Time for some more real talk. This time, I’m talking about profiles, the kinds of profiles that should set off alarms. You ready? Let’s get it started! Going to just list off some common things I see around the grid that should set off alarms based on my almost 11yrs on the grid.
1. Profiles that read, “Just came back to SL after a long break.” Chances are this person is an alt. I’m not saying don’t talk to them, but take it slow and watch them closely.
2. Profiles that have threat picks. You know the ones…”if you touch/hurt so & so, I will rip your heart out of your chest and shove it down your throat” kinda picks. Clearly, they’re not going to do any of that and the fact that they feel the need to make such threats publicly shows a lack of maturity and intelligence.
3. Blank profiles. C’mon people, put some effort into you SL. Blank profiles suggest you’re an alt or terribly boring. Either way…ALARM bells!
4. Overtly sexy profile pics. Legs spread with a bottle between your legs, may be a hot a picture, but its sending a message to everyone that looks at your profile. Skank that likes to drink. You either want nothing but sex or you’re desperate for attention.
5. The declaration against drama. I’m going to tell you right now. These people are usually the ones stirring the pot, then stepping back with their popcorn to watch the damage. RUN! Let me explain, you cannot get through life without drama. Don’t believe me, perhaps you need to see the definition of drama. Do allow me to enlighten you.
So, there’s my top ten profile warning signs. It pays to read profile before approaching each other and often shows you whether or not you have something in common.
hair: Tableau Vivant \\ Alexa
head: CATWA HEAD Tala
skin: DeeTaleZ *Appliers* CATWA Head “Face Miriam”
body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara
tattoo: [White~Widow] Desierto – White (*new* @ Cosmopolitan)